Monday, January 14, 2013

something new :: green smoothies


I am a pretty huge fan of smoothies, especially in the summer when the berries are ripe for the pickin'. And for months (maybe years) I've wondered about these so called "green smoothies," sort of envious of people who actually make them and like them because, c'mon, could it really taste good? They seemed revolutionary - fruits AND veggies in one swift swallow - yet I always imagined it tasting like a blade of grass or a bale of hay. Who knows why.  So this past weekend, I finally jumped into the world of green smoothies, and I am not turning back. I have made two smoothies so far and woah, so good. So simple and so good.

There's a million different ways to make a green smoothie, but here's what I put in mine:

Lunchtime Green Smoothie

OJ - just a splash in the bottom of the blender
banana - broken into chunks
apple - peel left on and apple cut into chunks
strawberry banan kefir - a splash on top of the apple chunks
spinach - a good handful

Blend. Pour. Sip. Mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment