Monday, January 21, 2013

lunch time

Lunch is always a good idea, and can never seem to come soon enough. I used to say that breakfast was my favorite meal of the day, but I've been in sort of a breakfast food funk lately and lunch is quickly taking it's place. Since I'm able to run home for lunch, I don't always have to rely on leftovers. One of my favorite things lately has been to make a rice bowl consisting of white rice, black beans, salsa, cheese, and a few squirts of lime. It's filling, it's fresh, and it's fast.

I'm also a huge sucker for sandwiches, especially sandwiches made with onion bagels. Last week, while flipping through my recipe binder, I rediscovered a "recipe" I had ripped out of a Real Simple magazine awhile ago. It was a page of sandwich pairings and ideas, and this one really caught my eye.
source

Avocado mixed with fresh lemon juice, a few sprinkles of salt and pepper, topped with freshly sliced crunchy radishes. I have eaten this twice in the past 3 days. It is so simple, but soooo good! Watch out rice bowl, you've got some competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment