Tuesday, August 14, 2012

uncharted territory

Last night, I did two things I've never done before:

  1. I made gyros.
  2. I made gyros with ground chicken, adapted from this recipe.
The result?
  1. While cooking and preparing it last night, Tim walked into the kitchen and said, "Woah, it smells like real gyros in here."
  2. I didn't even get a photo of the finished product. Translation = we couldn't eat it fast enough.
I was so surprised. I've come to love ground chicken for certain things, but I never thought it would make it's way into a gyro. The secret is in the seasoning - oregano, garlic, and salt are the reason this post is even possible. Oh, and the yogurt cucumber sauce...

2 comments:

  1. now. how do you correctly pro-nounce 'gyros'? silent g, or hard g?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! When I wrote this post I actually thought of you because I remember having this discussion before you and Mike. I say silent g. :)

    ReplyDelete