Tuesday, August 28, 2012

so peachy

I am still unsure of the distinction between crisps and cobblers, but I'm pretty sure this is a crisp. Peaches were on sale this week and knew as I was filling one of those thin plastic bags with several rounds of the fruit I knew I wanted to bake them and cover them with a crumbly, brown sugar topping. I'm learning that baking in our kitchen in the summer = hot hot hot. But I was itching to get flour on my face and pull something homemade out of the oven.

I adapted this recipe from a couple different recipes in my recipe box and cut it down so we wouldn't be eating peach crisp for the next 2 weeks. And turned out exactly as I had imagined - warm, gooey, buttery, and crumbly.



Peach Crisp for 2
Filling:
4 peaches, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp flour
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
Topping:
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup uncooked oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter

  • Preheat oven to 375. Grease a small pan. In a bowl, combine the peaches, sugar, flour, lemon juice, and vanilla. Toss and pour into pan.
  • For the topping, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Divide the butter into small sections and cut into the dry ingredients. Pour and spread over the peaches. You can also dot the top with butter.
  • Bake for 45-50 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment