Thursday, August 23, 2012

firsts

It has certainly been a week of "firsts" around here. For starters, we had our first house party in our first home. One of the first things I thought when we bought our house was how much I was looking forward to (finally) hosting my own party. For years I've dreamt of buying pretty napkins, setting up an appetizer table just so, and having a hand-picked playlist crankin' out tunes in the background. I'm sure it's a girl thing...or maybe just me? There were a few times throughout the night that I just wanted to press pause and capture the moment. It was good - the friends, the food, the laughs, the lawn games.

Second first: I listened to my first record on my own record player! I've been wanting a record player for years and thanks to my awesome brother-in-law and Tim's aunt, I now have a fully functional, fully awesome record playing spinning John Denver vinyl at this very minute in my living room. I can only imagine what Christmas is going to be like with a record player...it seriously gives me goosebumps!

Third first: as I type this, Tim is at his first class for grad school and thus begins night classes for the next 3 years. I had to buy his school supplies this week, which were very specific (surprise surprise) - Bic mechanical pencils with .5 lead and a Mead five-subject notebook. That's all. He's so efficient.

And now, since I'm still going through a big of withdrawal from my 365 project, here are a few photos from the weekend:










No comments:

Post a Comment