Tuesday, April 1, 2014

march :: a recap













Honestly, I'm glad March is behind us. I've just never been a fan of that "in-between" month. And even though I know April can be just as flippant with it's spring-like weather, just being able to say that it's April makes me feel better. Looking at the forecast for this week is a prime example: rain and thunderstorms yesterday, snow last night, sun tomorrow, snow on Friday, then sunny and 50s for the weekend. Talk about bi-polar.

In March…
  • had a house full of family
  • dedicated our baby to the Lord, which apparently really tired him out
  • started cloth diapering, and so far I love it
  • took Jack outside for the first time without having to bundle him up
  • finally captured Jack's smile when he sees himself in a mirror
  • had to dig the snow boots back out for a few days
  • after weeks of a happy baby who slept through the night and take regularly scheduled naps, Jack seemed to regress to his 3-week-old self. Thought it was teeth = nope. Growth spurt = maybe. Payback for having too much pride that my baby was sleeping so well = probably.
  • went home for a weekend so I could catch my breath/take some naps
  • gave Jack a bath in the kitchen sink
  • celebrated cousin Evie's 2nd birthday which meant bug tattoos for everyone, even the babe
Not pictured…
  • Tim working/writing/studying like crazy for his grad school classes
  • three stroller rides around the neighborhood for Jack on the nice days
  • design projects for church and various weddings
  • cleaning out my room at home and finding old high school art projects, diaries, key chains, and a jewelry box full of 2-dollar bills
  • taking a nap in the sunroom for the first time this year
  • watching classic Sesame Street episodes on Netflix with Jack
  • chopped 10 inches off my hair
  • our new evening routine after Jack is asleep: being in bed by 8:30 with mugs of hot tea, books, and Scrabble on the iPad



No comments:

Post a Comment