Thursday, May 9, 2013

away we go

via
I have been waiting for this week for a long time. For the past couple of years, I've been daydreaming of taking a trip out west. Just me, my man, the open road, and the great outdoors. And this week, my dream comes true. We have spent the week cooking, freezing, packing, prepping, downloading, and charging in preparation to hit the road early Saturday morning for Wyoming where we'll split the next week between Devil's Tower, Yellowstone National Park, and Grand Teton National Park. Our itinerary is set, the campsites reserved, the maps highlighted and routed, the bear spray purchased, and the road trip playlist finalized. All that's left is one more night's sleep and we're off into the wild blue yonder! Stay tuned for what I'm sure will be an obscenely large photo blast documenting our trip after we return. It's going to be epic.


2 comments:

  1. Are you stopping through in South Dakota at all? :) Just have to put my work hat on a little bit....it's in my blood now, I can't not say it!
    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love SD too much to not stop! On our way back, we are camping for a night at a campground near Custer.

      Delete