Monday, September 17, 2012

new traditions

One of my favorite times of year is here.
Crunchy leaves begging to be walked on.
Crisp mornings with their sweatshirts and steaming mugs of coffee.
Sunny afternoons that make me want to curl up and take a nap.
Yellow school buses driving down our quiet street.
Quilts making their way back onto the beds.
Kitchens toasty and warm from baking spiced breads, cookies, and crisps.
I love it all.

You know what else I love? Family traditions. This past weekend we were with Tim's family for the annual Turkey Day weekend (which is a tradition in itself) and started talking about traditions, how cool they are, and what traditions we could each start. Part of the reason I love traditions so much is because I love predictability and I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

A new tradition I have subconsciously started - photography baby Ev, the cutest baby I've ever seen in real life. A lot happened this past weekend - watched the runners in the 10K, met up with old friends, took in the parade - yet 90% of pictures turned out to be Evie-centered. And I, for one, do not have a problem with that. Seriously can't get enough of her big eyes and that giggle when every time you squeeze her thighs.


hey beautiful baby girl

turkey day parade 2012: NOT the big one

Bob on stilts for the parade

 a tushy heart = adorable.

"uncle tim, you sort of have hockey hair."



1 comment: