Wednesday, September 19, 2012

currently reading

I go through reading phases where I'll read 3 books a month, and then I won't read anything for 3 months. With all the hustle and bustle that comes with moving and getting settled into a new house plus the busyness that is summer/family vacation season, I haven't had my nose in a book for quite some time. Until now.

via

Enter: "A Homemade Life" by Molly Wizenberg. I can't even remember now how I came across this book; I like to think it was destiny. It's a non-fiction, coming-of-age book about life, love, and food (seriously, there's recipes throughout the book). Can it get any better than that?! And her writing is incredible and delicious. What I love even more is that the recipes are not for big, daunting dishes that require fancy tools and spices. They are manageable, realistic, and even simple. For example, I just got done reading the chapter that includes the recipe for Red Cabbage Salad with Lemon and Black Pepper. Translation: red cabbage thinly sliced, doused with olive oil and lemon juice, seasoned with salt and garlic, and sprinkled with grated cheese and black pepper. Hello! Love it.

Please excuse me while I proceed to whiz through the rest of this book and hastily copy down each and every recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment