Thursday, February 28, 2013

the lessons of flight



pumping myself up before my first lesson

Sometimes when I get into something, I really get into it. Not sure if that's a blessing or a curse. Right now that thing is snowboarding. There's a mountain hill about 25 minutes away that offers lessons and is a great place to learn basics. Last night was my first lessons. I went into it with no expectations other than thinking that I'd be falling a lot and probably not make it completely down any runs. My only hope (cue the Mandy Moore song from "A Walk to Remember") was that by the end of the night I would at least feel like I had made progress...and that I wouldn't break my face. Good news: it went way better than I thought it would, only had 2 bad wipe outs, I was off the training hill by the end of the night, and I'm not on crutches. Seriously, so stoked. I know I have a long way to go, but now I know - I can do this. Someone get me a Red Bull up in here!

No comments:

Post a Comment