Monday, October 20, 2014

leap of faith

Today marks a day that I've been thinking about, working on, planning for, and praying about for months and months. For awhile now I've been dabbling in both photography and design, with the humble link on this blog being the only promoting I've ever done. I would always answer questions with something like, "Well, I'm not a real photographer or designer; it's just something I enjoy", which in my mind sort of gave me a way out if someone didn't like my work.  But I've never been satisfied with doing something half way, with just dipping a toe in the water. I want to go all in. So today I'm doing that. And although that feels really good, I'm completely terrified. As much as I'm a person who goes all in, I'm also a person who agonizes over every detail and feels like everything needs to be perfect before going all in, but there comes a point where you just have to jump, you have to have faith. I'm sure there's questions I haven't addressed, issues I haven't thought of, logistics that I haven't realized, but I'm not going to let that hold me back. After all, you have to start somewhere. So I invite you to visit my new website, where I will be posting all of my photography and design from now on. It is simple, but it's something I'm proud of.

Thank you, Tim, for being my biggest supporter and critique expert. I value your opinion, even if you still think the best design program is Excel.


1 comment: