Monday, November 19, 2012

miss south dakota

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I LOVE surprises. I seriously can't get enough of them! I love being on both the receiving and the giving end. And this past weekend, we pulled off a surprise party that has been in the making for about 25 years. It all started when my mom turned 21 and her BFF Tara kidnapped her, blindfolded her, drove her around, and had a big surprise birthday for her. Since then my mom has been patiently waiting and planning on "revenge," and since Tara has a milestone birthday coming up, mom thought it would be the perfect opportunity.

So to Platte we went, hauling everything you need to make a party for a past beauty pageant queen complete - hot pink streamers, sashes, rhinestones, and crowns. With the help of another friend, we had the whole evening planned, from snacks to games to gifts. By total chance, we even got one of Tara's pageant dresses that I wore for part of the night. It was hysterical. And she was SO surprised!

What a fun night to celebrate one of the most important women in my life. Tara, you are one of my most self-less, giving people I know. You make everyone around you feel special and important. I cherish all the road trips and late night conversations (and dessert plates!) we've had over the years. I am very blessed to have you in my life. Love you and happy birthday!

The invitation I designed for the party.

Surprise!

So many fun women in one place.



"Tara's 50 - let's show her some support!"

No comments:

Post a Comment