Wednesday, March 28, 2012

(more) big news

William Fitzsimmons


It's a Tuesday night, it's 2 minutes until midnight, and I'm still up. That is not the norm. But it hasn't been a completely normal day; it's been an extraordinary day. After what seemed like days of sitting at my desk this morning pretending to work when really all I was doing was thinking about the house and our offer, Tim called me with the news: we got the house! We are now Tim and Erica Miller: Homeowners. My heart feels like it could burst! I am so thankful and excited and overwhelmed and happy.


And if the day wasn't already good enough, I drove down to the Cities for a "date night" with Zach. I ate some of the most delicious sushi I've had yet. After dinner, he took me to an acoustic show - Denison Witmer and William Fitzsimmons. While drinking organic coffee out of a mug and listening to steel guitar, I couldn't help but close my eyes and soak in the goodness of the day. Nights like this nourish my soul.


I will now (attempt to) go to sleep and dream about things like what color to paint the living room and where the silver ware drawer should go...

No comments:

Post a Comment